Old Sweetwater

Old Sweetwater

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

All You Need


We're wanting to downsize....well, me more than my honey. It's a stretch for him to think about living in "snuggly" rooms versus our currently generous-sized rooms. *sigh*
I saw this photo taken by James Merrell from This Is Glamorous, and thought to myself, "Isn't this is all you need for a bedroom? A bed with 800 thread-count sheets and light down comforter; a large window; books - on the sill and on the floor; a breakfast tray; a vase for fresh flowers and your laptop."
Does anyone else share my desire for "cozy" or "snuggly" instead of "spacious?" I don't think I even really like that word anymore. lol.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have cozy and I love it. It's like living in nest or cacoon.

Great blog BTW.

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Janean, you are a girl after mine own heart. I am soooo with you on the cozy room idea. My next house will be an adorable,charming cottage filled with snugly, cozy rooms...and a good size screen in porch. Spaciousness will be nowhere to be found. :-) Thanks so much for stopping by the porch...it's sooo nice to meet you! :-) Susan

Janean said...

Susan, thank you for your comment!
I so enjoy your site.
From a TV inspiration, we tried cotton curtains on our sundeck when we first moved here, but with the brisk Missouri breezes, we ended up wrapped in them! lol.

Janean said...

In our last home, we had all these huge rooms, but we always enjoyed the smallest room. It was the "Morning Room."
It was 8 or 10 feet wide by 12-14 feet long? Small in comparison to the rest of the home.
Right outside the floor-to-ceiling windows that comprised the one wall, was a huge hydrangea bush we planted and tea roses...