Old Sweetwater

Old Sweetwater

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Library Card File Cabinet























Remember I said I'd like to have an old library index card file cabinet? I found one, but my wallet says it will have to wait. *sigh*  Even as a child I liked the way the drawers felt when you pulled them out to find your book. It had a "library" smell. It was quiet -- shhhhhh.
Progress is good.  Computers in the libraries are fine, but I miss these wonderful pieces of furniture. What could a person store in all those drawers??? I'm off to think about that.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That WOULD be a great piece to have for beauty and organization!

Janean said...

Lissa, thank you for your comment!
I was thinking of all the rooms it could go in & be functional...especially a craft room. Yay.

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful. I haven't seen them with the flat drawers on top. Calm and beautiful site.

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted one of these as well!

Janean said...

Lisa, I wonder where all those school and public library card files went? hmmmmmmm....

Anonymous said...

These are great pieces of memories from childhood. They felt so "sturdy," like they'd never go away, but alas, they did. [sigh]
Great, great blog!

Paula said...

I finally found one! I had looked for YEARS...I mean...literally...years! But each one I found was so expensive. I had passed this little antique store for many months on may way to work and could never catch it open. One day, I left work a little early and went in. Waaaaaaay in the back of the store, covered with other things and quite dusty, was a really old library card case. I was afraid to ask how much. I almost choked with the many told me..."Fifty dollars. Firm." Are you KIDDING ME?! It has SIXTEEN drawers! Some of the drawers need a new bottom placed in them so that things won't fall through...no problem. It's my next project! ;-)