Old Sweetwater

Old Sweetwater

Friday, August 7, 2009

New Sock


I starting a new pair of knitted summer socks on US #2 Double Pointed Needles. The yarn's from Italy. The colors look like a field of wild flowers.
The fiber: 40% cotton, 40% merino wool & 20% nylon. Yum.
It always amazes me how perfect those little knitted stitches are. They're very uniform. That's my goal. *sigh of content*
As I studied each stitch it made me wonder...
If stitches could talk, would a bunch of them whine because they weren't "special?" Would one stitch snarl at the stitches on either side, "You're just a bunch of conformists and you should think for yourselves?"
Would there be stitch yelling that everyone else was copying? Would the heather blue stitches envy the golden stitches? Would there be a stitch screaming at another to grow a spine and not be so stinking flexible?
Would the stitch that may have a tiny more cotton feel plain? Would the more woolen stitch look at the stitch with a bit more nylon in its strand as artificial?
Hummmmm.....
If my stitches knit they way they should, and the way I want, I'll be very pleased with my socks.
If not, I rip stitches out and start over....from the beginning if I have to. It would be a little frustrating, but I want socks that fit and socks that don't have a gaping hole or sloppy stitches.
How many times has our Heavenly Father had to "start over" with us until we finally yield to His skilled hands?
Don't you think He's pleased when we accept His decisions for our life?
Psalm 139:14 says, "Thank You for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - and how well I know it."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea about the stitches. I'm one of those, but I'm not going to tell you which. haha.
Thanks for your blog. It's wonderful & peaceful.