Old Sweetwater

Old Sweetwater

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Paths


I read about a little child who was walking down a pathway toward home at sunset...not just walking, but weaving, skipping and occasionally, whirling in a circle.
The child was noticing everything from the tree branches above to the crunchy pebbles under feet.
The child crested the hill and in a moment's time, disappeared from site with the descent.
The child didn't just MERELY walk the path. The child MERRILY walked the path. I wondered to myself, "Am I just merely walking my life's path or merrily walking along it?"
The difference is attitude.
Jesus said after bringing a child in the midst of adults, "Unless you change and become like little children you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven."
How are you walking your life's path? Merely or merrily?

No comments: