Old Sweetwater

Old Sweetwater

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Satin Sheets


While I was blogging about a snuggly bedroom with 800 count sheets, I remembered one time when we visited my parents for a week.
My mom proudly announced, "I bought red SATIN sheets for you to sleep on!"
That night I slid into bed. Literally.
In fact, I slid, slopped, scooted and sloshed around in that bed all night. It was like trying to sleep in a bed of jello on a cold day.
The next morning it was "thanks, but no thanks" on the satin. Could we just have her old cotton sheets back? I noticed she appeared pleased. hummmm.
A day later she chirped, "I washed and then put those satin sheets on my bed and LOVED them!"
That's when I noticed something. Most of her clothes & furnishings were satin-shiny-slick. *light bulb moment*
Give me cotton, flannel, wool or silk, but not satin sheets to lie on. Sounds like a country song, huh?

No comments: