Old Sweetwater

Old Sweetwater

Monday, September 21, 2009

Barn House


Ya know I've been on the "smaller house is better" soapbox for years.
Now I'm designing a possible future home with 1/3 less living space.
That doesn't sound bad, but it looks a little scary on preliminary blueprints.
I've had the brown paper bag held to my honey's face a few times. ha!
We wrote down a Mission Statement and Vision to help keep our priorities straight & encourage us when we see the square footage.
That will be our compass to help us find the lifestyle we are aiming for.
What are you aiming for in lifestyle?

5 comments:

Kathleen Grace said...

I don't know how small you are going but I have lived in a 1100 sq ft house for 28 years. Raised two girls and held Thanksgiving for up to 25 people here. After all this time I really crave just a little more space. I think of the girls marrying and bringing home their families and I want to be sure we all fit comfortably. Our extended family is very close and I love to entertain them and friends. Some day I hope to move to someting bigger!

Jennie {Clover and Violet} said...

You are so right about smaller houses. I live in a little cape cod cottage and can't picture myself anywhere else. It is the perfect opportunity for a simple life without too much "stuff" to fill it up (which can create a challenge too). With all the gadgets flooding our lives these days, I love being able to go home to escape from it.

P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog too!

Queen B. said...

Thanks for your comment ! About that small house... I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ! I used to live in my DREAM house, over 4000 sq. ft of LUXURY. But God had another plan for us. I now live in a COZY house...in an itty bitty town and I've never been happier !!
GOOD LUCK AND if you're in the mood to enter a giveaway, stop back by !! :)

Unknown said...

How exciting!!! My goal right now, is to have a home with as little clutter as possible, with lots of white and bright and pretty, but still with that cozy, homey feel!

:) T

Sara said...

I love that philosophy! I just started reading the book "The Not So Big House" and as a 26-year old dreaming of my first house, I'm beginning to have the revelation that bigger is NOT synonymous with better, for so many reasons!

By the way, you commented on my blog, and I have been reading yours the last hour - I love it :)

Thanks for the inspiration!