Old Sweetwater

Old Sweetwater

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

White Chandelier

This old metal chandelier was going to be thrown out, so I brought it home.
It got a light coat of white spray paint, allowing some of the metal to show through.
Then I added Austrian crystals everywhere -- and then some.
Even when there's only a thread of light, it sparkles!
We put it up in the master bedroom of the Sweetwater Cottage and installed a dimmer. It makes the room feel so romantic and special.
I'm thinking about making one of the other three I have like it into a non-electric chandelier using candles. Don't you think the beautiful crystals will probably look amazing by true candlelight? I must always remember to get DRIP-LESS candles. I'm off to write that down.....

5 comments:

paula said...

wow, this looks great:)

Janean said...

Paula, thank you.
All but one of my chandeliers are other people's cast-offs or I bought at auctions for nearly nothing. Yay!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful. Where did you buy the crystals?

Anonymous said...

Love the blog.
Love the white chandelier.

Janean said...

I had some crystals already & bought the rest.