Old Sweetwater

Old Sweetwater

Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Vase




















A large glass vase is the most versatile decor accessory we can have, in my humble opinion. For autumn, fill it with mixed nuts of filberts, pecans, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts and walnuts, which are abundant in the store right now. Or choose one favorite nut, as shown. Pick up colorful leaves and pine cones on your walk. Crabapples look good with a few leaves tucked in. Pebbles or stones are simple, but elegant.

What do you put in your clear vase?

7 comments:

Nancy Yoakum said...

Acorns! They are my favorite and I love collecting them in all shapes and sizes and have them in a multitude of places around the house, hence my homes name "Acorn Cottage".
Fall is my favorite time of year, it's just delicious right now with the beautiful colors of the trees. Can't get enough of it!

Smiles, Nancy

Janean said...

Acorns are wonderful. To me they are the epitome of autumn.

Anonymous said...

Love this idea...thanks!!☺

Room to Inspire said...

I love clear vases - they really are that accessory you can have out year round by making just a few simple changes. I love putting just about everything in my vases, but the acorn idea is great. Perfect for the Fall. This is my first time to your lovely blog, I will be back!

Chelsea

Suz said...

I have a question here oh Acorn Maven....
everytime I have gathered acorns...I have little tiny white grubs crawling around
I thought I picked up good ones this time...but the ever vigilant cat spotted them...a few days later....What am I doing wrong?
maybe fake ones? nah
Enjoy your blog

Dogwood said...

Oh, I just swept a million acorns off our back deck. We had a huge storm earlier this week with lots of wind. Maybe I will go gather them all up and put them in a glass vase. That looks so pretty. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I really like your blog and will be back.

Tammy Burks said...

Those acorns are super pretty....almost like they've been polished :)
I like to gather magnolia pods and put those in a vase and watch for their bright red berries to start popping out.