Old Sweetwater

Old Sweetwater

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Buh-Bye Ugliness

Thought I'd share one ugly truth about old cottages: If neglected, they leak and fall apart. I understand. I do the same when I occasionally don't feel the sun rotate  around me, feel neglected or lonely. I cry and fall apart. Confession is good for the soul.

This horrible *Florida Room* my sweet, departed MIL added in 1976 was the first appendage to get torn off in 2012. Please understand we weren't living in the old, old cottage...so we neglected it hoping it would just ROT off. Not quite, but close. It took some demolition, but "buh-bye ugliness!"

Anyone else ever act like an old....cottage?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, nice to see you back! Four years....that must have been some remodel! Lots of pictures please!

Janean said...

Karen, we moved *to the country* four years ago, but began the intense remodel about 20 months ago and will move in without it being completed. At this point it will be easier for us if we're living in it...at least that's what I tell myself. Ha!

Suz said...

ah boy....good thing you love each other...living in a place during remodeling...yikes!
But I know it will turn out fabulous....pictures..picture!

Janean said...

Suz, agree! To heat 2 homes with propane is impossible. We paid $200.00; a WEEK last year during sub-zero weather. Soooo, we're moving, baby! LOL! Hugs to you and your 7 rescue kitties!

Deanna said...

All the time!!!
grins.
Keeping a sense of humor helps,
d